Sunday, September 2, 2012

21st Annual BSFL Season

Tomorrow I will be participating in the 21st annual BSFL fantasy football draft. Once again, we will have 12 teams drafting, most of which are all friends from high school or college. We will have people drafting in southern California; Chicago; Buffalo; northern, western, and eastern Michigan; and, of course, northeast Ohio. The BSFL (along with our BSBL fantasy baseball league, and Poker Fest, our bi-annual poker tournament) has been a great way to make sure I stay in touch with our tight group of friends. After using an "auction" format to select players the first few years, the past 15 or more season we have been using a straight "pick 'em" draft format. However, this year we go back to an auction/bidding system, thanks to modern technology that make this format easy to execute online. I wish I could remember who won each of the past 20 season, but here are the ones that won the first seven.

1991 ... Britten
1992 ... Doneth
1992 ... Wibs/Stevage
1994 ... Britten
1995 ... Picklehead
1996 ... Mike/Matt
1997 ... Hollywood
1998 and beyond ... ???